Is Poppies Right for YOU?
An Important Decision
A Poppies Franchise involves a 10 year commitment – on both sides. Like marriage, this is not something to be entered lightly, without thought and consideration.
Our selection process ensures that prospective Franchisees understand exactly what is involved in owning and operating their own Poppies outlet. It also helps us evaluate whether each candidate has the qualities needed to be successful.
The idea behind a Business Format Franchise is to reduce risk by providing owners with a complete, proven business ‘in kit form’. Like flat-pack furniture Poppies provide access to everything necessary to install and set up the new business, complete with instructions in the form of training and manuals. In addition there is ongoing advice and support as the business develops and grows.
What Do You Want To Achieve?
No-one should launch a business without knowing it can meet their goals. Poppies promises no mega-riches – but it can generate a good and sustainable income. No business is without its difficulties but Poppies is often fun and there satisfaction from providing such a valuable local service.
One essential quality is demonstrated by every successful Poppies Franchisee. This is their personal sense of Responsibility. Each one cares about and takes responsibility for quality of the services they provide and tries to help, look after and nurture their employees.
What are you looking for and what can you contribute?
- Maybe, like our founder, you want a better work-life balance, freedom from commuting or long hours.
- Perhaps you really want to find a business that will work for you in your local area.
- You might want a better return on your savings or pension pot; or need for a new plan for your future.
- Some people are ambitious to work for themselves but worry how to raise the capital they need.
Let’s talk. We can explore whether Poppies could be right for you.
How To Find Out What’s Involved?
We invite you to a personal meeting or small seminar. Here we can tell you about Poppies, the risks and the returns. We discuss
- Your role as a Franchisee and Business Owner
- Start-up and on-going costs and options for Finance
- Your personal circumstances; your aims, abilities and ambitions
- The next steps in our selection process
Together we decide if it is sensible to take things further. There is no cost or obligation on your part at this stage.
The next stage provides detailed information to ensure we are on track.
- You are approved to talk to existing Franchisees
- Your receive a copy of the Franchise Agreement
- We explore specific Territory options
- We produce cash flow projections based your personal circumstances.
Our process has to protect Poppies’ existing Franchise Network as well as assist and protect you. After 35 years, the last thing we want is to introduce someone into our business who cannot be successful.
There may be some costs involved at this point, particularly if we agree to commission specific territory research as an essential part of our evaluation. Any costs will be discussed and agreed between us before any money is spent. There is no firm commitment on either part at this point.
Only once we are both completely satisfied do we complete the process and sign contracts. Then begins the hands-on training, both in the classroom and in operational outlets. This will be tailored to your previous business knowledge and experience.
Even at this late stage you can decide this is not for you and go no further.
If you are interested in finding out more, please just fill in an enquiry form.