At Poppies, we understand that life can sometimes knock you off your feet. Perhaps you’re recovering from an illness, injury or operation, struggling with the demands of pregnancy or have recently given birth. In times like these, you may be physically unable or too preoccupied with more urgent priorities to take care of the housework, and your friends, family and neighbours just can’t provide the level of help you require.
Poppies’ Temporary Help service can be the helping hand you need during this difficult patch.
With over 40 years’ experience as a professional cleaning company, we pride ourselves on providing a premium, passionate and personalised service that makes a real difference in our clients’ lives. From general tidying and deep cleaning to doing the laundry and washing the dishes, no job is too small or stubborn for our dedicated and experienced team of domestic operatives.
Staying true to the values of Poppies’ late founder, Sue Rorstad MBE, we believe that our employees are more than just “cleaners.” We encourage our staff to care about each individual client and truly consider their unique needs. If you’re laid up due to injury or illness, for example, we understand that your needs may differ from some of our other clients, which is why our Temporary Help service can include additional out-of-home tasks like doing your shopping.
Whether you need to focus on nursing yourself back to full health or are too busy (and tired!) looking after your little one, we’re here to relieve the burden of cleaning your home so you can focus on what’s most important in life.
Poppies’ Temporary Help service is tailor-made to your individual needs, including:
- Cleaning — Making our clients’ homes spick and span is Poppies’ bread and butter. Whether it’s cleaning the carpets, scrubbing the counters or dusting the furniture, your dedicated domestic operative will leave your home looking, feeling and smelling fresh.
- General Tidying — It’s easy for a once-organised home to become messy and cluttered, especially if you’re physically unable to do any housework. Clothes can pile up, kitchen utensils can get left out and small items can end up strewn about. If you’re recovering from an operation or have a newborn baby to look after, the last thing you want are health and safety hazards popping up around the house. Let Poppies work our decluttering magic.
- Laundry & Ironing — Laundry is an important job. If you forget to do it and let it build up, you run the risk of not having any clean clothes to wear! From regular clothes items to large items like bed sheets and duvet covers, we’ll relieve the burden of laundry for you. We’ll also take care of the ironing, making sure you have plenty of clean, fresh and neatly folded clothes in your wardrobes and dressers.
- Washing Up — Whether you’re laid up after an operation or running around after a little one, it can be easy for the washing up to pile up. It’s never a pretty sight (or smell). Don’t worry, though, because your domestic operative will soon turn that daunting task into a job well done.
- Changing Beds and Towels — If you’ve been struck down by a particularly serious illness or injury, you might not be able to even get out of bed let alone change it. Thankfully, Poppies’ operatives are highly skilled in the art of bed-making, and they’ll make sure you’re never short on fresh towels.
- Help with the Shopping — If illness or injury leaves you house-bound, buying groceries can be a real problem. Simply make a shopping list, give it to your Poppies operative and we’ll do the shopping for you.
Our Temporary Help service is ideal for those who require more than a one-off cleaning service but aren’t quite ready to commit to a regular housework package (which generally involves a minimum of three months). However long you sign up for, we promise you’ll receive the same high standard of service.