Since 1980, Poppies has built up a reputation as being one of the country’s premier cleaning service providers. From regular housework to spring cleaning, we pride ourselves on delivering a high-quality service that’s tailored to our clients’ individual needs and makes a real difference in their lives.
However, there are times when life sets you back and you need more than just help with the housework. Perhaps you’re laid up while recovering from an illness, injury or accident, are currently pregnant, or have recently given birth and need to devote your time and attention to your newborn baby. Your family, friends and neighbours have all offered to help, but they simply can’t provide the level of assistance that you really need.
If you’re in a tough spot like this, Poppies’ Temporary Help service can be the helping hand you desperately need.
Ideal for those who require more than a one-off cleaning service but can’t quite commit to regular housework, Poppies’ Temporary Help service can look after all kinds of jobs around the house for you. We can do the cleaning and tidying, laundry and ironing, changing beds and washing up. If you’re unable to move around freely or have been left house-bound, we can also help you with out-of-home tasks like doing the shopping.
Our team of experienced domestic operatives not only provide an excellent cleaning service, but they take a friendly, caring and empathic approach to your situation. Whether you’re recovering from an operation or busy looking after a little one, we understand the difference that a clean, tidy and pleasant home can make. It can relieve stress, ease your recovery and even lift your mood.
Poppies’ Temporary Help service is here to take care of your housework, so you can focus on taking care of yourself.
Like all of our services, Poppies’ Temporary Help service is completely tailored to your needs. The service can include:
- Cleaning — Including hoovering the carpets, mopping the floors, cleaning the counters and dusting the furniture. From your bedrooms and bathrooms to your kitchen and lounge, we can spruce up any and every part of your home.
- General Tidying — Sometimes you just need someone to clear up the clutter, put things back where they belong and restore order and organisation to your home. We’re more than happy to do this.
- Laundry & Ironing — Laundry is one of those jobs that can easily build up in the background without you realising it. From small garments to large items, Poppies will make sure you’re never without clean, fresh and neatly-folded clothes to wear. We’ll also take care of the ironing.
- Washing Up — For most people, doing the dishes is one of the least favourite jobs around the house. But not for us. Whether your pots and pans require some serious elbow grease or you simply need someone to load the dishwasher, we’ll take care of all your washing up needs to keep your kitchen as clean as can be.
- Changing Beds & Towels — It’s important to regularly change your bed sheets and towels. The experts say you should change bed sheets for a fresh set once a week and swap your towels two to three times a week. Keeping on top of this can be hard when you’re out of action, but Poppies will make sure you’re always using clean, fresh and hygienic bed sheets and towels.
- Help with the Shopping — Doing the shopping can be impossible when you’re laid up or house-bound. That doesn’t mean you should be forced to survive off imperishables, though. Simply write us a shopping list and we’ll make sure your kitchen is fully stocked with fresh food.